In-Store Machine Technician
Northern Threads has been providing the best quality sewing machine service in Fairbanks since 2000. We've relocated the service center inside Northern Threads. Our technician is factory trained and certified, taking great pride in the work performed. All of our service procedures are backed by a 90-day warranty.
Northern Threads is authorized to do full service on PFAFF, VIKING & SINGER machine brands. We do service all other machine brands, with the exception of replacement warranty or discontinued parts.
Full service on a machine includes a complete re-synchronization of the entire timing sequences in the machine, which entails up to sixty separate adjustments depending on the complexity of the model. It also includes complete servicing of the electrical and accessory functions and professional cleaning and lubrication of the entire unit. On machines that also do auto-embroidery, the service includes complete servicing of the embroidery unit and re-synchronization to the sewing unit.
Our specific process for servicing the machine assures that all performance aspects of the unit will perform to factory specifications and that the machine will work, feel and look as like brand new as is physically possible.
Full Service includes the following needed checks/adjustments
- Complete sequential adjustment check:
- Feed Timing
- Hook to Needle Timing
- Needle Bar Height and Position Adjustment
- Complete re-timing and re-synchronization of all sewing tolerances.
- Complete motor cleaning and servicing.
- Automatic buttonhole adjustment.
- Reverse-cycle stitch adjustment.
- Stitch Pattern mechanism check.
- Electronic function balancing and adjustment.
- Bobbin winder adjustment.
- Non-timing related adjustment (belt tensions, needle threader, light mechanism).
- Inspection of internal components for wear (gears, motor brushes).
- Calibration of upper and lower thread tensions.
- Compressed air cleaning.
- Internal chemical cleaning.
- Complete lubrication.
- Detail exterior cleaning.
- Firmware updates.
- Thorough sewing check for stitch consistency and quality.
- Sewing sample under sewing foot upon delivery.
For machines experiencing problems beyond the scope of full service, we work within a $50 parts margin which will allow us to replace any needed minor parts. Our service technician is not paid additional compensation for selling parts and will replace parts only when there is no other option. Should the required parts total fall below the margin, our technicians will continue with the service without additional approval from the customer. If the required parts total exceeds the additional margin amount, the customer will be called for approval before the work proceeds.
We warranty our Service for 90 days.